Barrier Tubing for Water-Based Ink [Model Number: E-WBT]
For Roll-to-Roll, Textile, Ink-Jet Printers (For Non-Aggressive Inks) | High Barrier Tubing, De-Gas Tubing, Olefin Tubing | Keep high levels of Dissolved Oxygen
- For Wide-Format Ink-Jet Printers (Water-Based Inks)
- For Textile Printers (Water-Based Inks)
- For Roll-to-Roll Printers (Water-Based Inks)
- For Water-Based Inks (and Non-Aggressive Inks)
- Ink Resistance…Since inner and outer layers are made of polyethylene resin, E-WBT shows resistance against water-based ink.
- High Barrier…Since the middle layer is composed of barrier resin, the value of dissolved oxygen remains low.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer tubing, E-WBT is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency.
- Plasticizer-Free…E-WBT does not contain plasticizer at all, so you do not have to worry about the elution to the ink.
- Non-PVC…E-WBT is made of non-PVC material.
- Transparency…E-WBT enables you to check the fluid very easily.
■ Certificates and Regulations
- RoHS2…E-WBT is compliant with RoHS2 requirements (directive 2011/65/EU:RoHS2). (RoHS 2 Compliant products mean that they do not contain or below the threshold of 10 substances.) Certificate is available on request.
- EU REACH and UK REACH…E-WBT is compliant with REACH SVHC 23rd list (209 substances). Certificate is available on request.
■ Packing Images
- Temperature Range : -20 – 60 $^\circ$C
- Color : Clear
*If you are interested in Non-Standard, Made-to-Order Size, please fill out the following form. (We can produce a special size that is not listed on the table above. Please note that MOQ applies for Made-to-Order Size.)
Made-to-Order Inquiry Form
For more information on our Product Standard of E-WBT, please click "Product Leaflet Download" above.
For more technical information (such as Thickness of Each Layer and Precautions in Use) on E-WBT, please click "Product Specification Download" above.
What is a Barrier Tube? Reasons for the Need for Tubes with Excellent Oxygen Barrier
If the oxygen barrier or water vapor barrier is low for the ink supply tube, oxygen and water vapor in the atmosphere permeate into the ink.
This leads to the clogging of print head or ink discharge defect due to the generation of air bubble.
Also, if the low oxygen barrier or water vapor barrier tube is used, solvent components of the ink inside the tube will evaporate, changing the ink quality. Printing quality badly affects.
This HAKKO five-layer product includes the barrier resin (middle layer), keeping the oxygen less likely to be permeated.
- E-WBT is a product intended for supplying inks. In case you use other than inks, please contact HAKKO CORPORATION in advance. The tubing performance may be reduced by applying the secondary processing to use conditions, environment, fluid, and customer. We kindly ask you to evaluate the suitability in real settings.
- The material of the middle layer and outer layer is inferior in chemical resistance to the inner layer. Do not allow chemicals to adhere to the tube during immersion or fitting insertion as it may cause swelling and cracking of the tube.
- When using the metal fittings, do not use any scratches or rusty fittings on the nipple surface. Damage to the inside of the tube may cause tube rupture or leakage. Also, do not use resin fittings with scratches on the surface of nipples. Depending on the state of the junction (parting line) of the resin joint, fluid may leak. Please confirm the matching between E-WBT tubing and the fittings. If you need our technical support in fittings, please fill out this form.
- Due to the laminated structure tubing, please use the joints to seal an inner surface of the tubing.
- Please do not use the joints to seal an outer surface of the tubing. This may result in the bursting or coming off from the tubing.
- When you use our products, please refer to “Precautions for Use.”
- In terms of chemical resistance, please refer to “Chemical Resistance Data.”
(A) Slide Curvature Test (5 million times)
(B) Gas Barrier Test Data
1. Gas Barrier Test
Seal the de-gas water into the tubing. Then, leave the tubing under the conditions of temperature (20 $^\circ$C [68 F]) and humidity (50%) for 24 hours. Then, check the increasing amount of dissolved oxygen for each tubing.
Olefin-Based (for Water-Based Ink) Tubing
- E-WBT-4 $\times$ 6 Barrier Tubing for Water-Based Ink
- E-KYT-4 $\times$ 6 KY TUBE
- Polyethylene Tube 4mm $\times$ 6mm
Result: E-WBT is better than E-KYT and polyethylene tube in terms of gas barrier property.
(C) Flexibility Test Data
1. Test Methods
Compared with tubes manufactured by other corporations, HAKKO tubes show higher bending stress and larger amount of deflection, enabling space-saving installation.
Result: E-WBT is better than polyethylene tube in terms of flexibility.