Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing (Anti-Static Type) [Model Number: E-SJAST]
Multi-Purpose / Anti-Static Chemical Resistance Tube | Single-layer teflon tubing is hard (stiff) and easy to break. Our Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing (Anti-Static Type) is an alternative tubing for a teflon tubing.
chemicals ink paint flux oil powder air
- As a Countermeasure against Clogging during Powder Transfer
- For dealing with the static electricity (noise) in Chromatography, Biochemical Analytical Instruments, and Precision Instruments
- For Transferring Organic Solvents and Paints from Painting and Printing Equipment
- For Transferring Chemical Fluids such as Laboratory Equipment
- For Transferring Chemicals in Semiconductor-Related Equipment and Flat Panel Display (FPD) Manufacturing Equipment
- For Transferring Chemical Effluents from Industrial Wastes
- For Transferring Alcohols, Cosmetics, and Chemicals
- For Transferring Chemicals and Pure Water from Fuel Cell Manufacturing Facilities
- As a Filling Line for Paints and Adhesives
Prevention of Static Charge
- Anti-Static…Since Anti-Static material is added to the outer layer of E-SJAST, E-SJAST deals with the static electricity that badly affects the results from chromatography, biochemical analyzers and precision instruments. However, please note that volume resistance value is 1010 to 1011, which is the material data, not tubing data.
- Chemical Resistance…Since the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine resin, E-SJAST is resistant to most of the chemical substances. For more information, please refer to chemical resistance data.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJAST is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency.
- Hard to Break…Unlike a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJAST is less likely to break. (Even if it breaks, you can restore its shape to some extent.)
- Higher Non-Adhesiveness…Since ETFE fluorine resin is superior in terms of water-proof, you can wash out the fluids very easily.
- Abrasion Resistance…Fluorine resin (inner layer) shows high levels of abrasion resistance. Thus, you can even transfer chemical slurry.
- Plasticizer-Free…E-SJAST does not contain plasticizer (an elution material) at all. E-SJAST is an oil-free tubing.
- Non-PVC…E-SJAST is made of non-PVC materials.
- Low Elution and Low Odor…Since E-SJAST contains very low levels of elution and odor, it is highly recommended for use in transfers of cosmetics.
- High Purity…Fluorine resin does not contain any additives such as plasticizer, so E-SJAST is suitable for transferring high purity chemical fluids.
- Transparency…E-SJAST enables you to check the fluid very easily.
Certificates and Regulations
- RoHS2…E-SJAST is compliant with RoHS2 requirements (Directive: (EU) 2015/863). (RoHS 2 Compliant means that SJAST does not contain RoHS 2 10 restricted substances or it does not exceed the upper threshold of RoHS 2 10 restricted substances.) Certificate is available on request.
- PFOA and PFOS…E-SJAST does not contain perfluorocarboxylic acids (PFCAs C 9 – C 14), their salts or PFCA-related substances. Certificate is available on request.
- EU REACH and UK REACH…E-SJAST is compliant with REACH SVHC 25th list (219 substances). Certificate is available on request.
- Non-Use of UV-328…E-SJAST does not contain UV-328. Certificate is available on request.
- TSCA (Toxic Substance Control Act) Compliance…E-SJAST does not use decaBDE, PIP(3:1), 2,4,6-TTBT, PCTP and HCBD. Certificate is available on request.
- Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 and (EU) No 10/2011…An inner layer of E-SJAST is compliant with (EC) No 1935/2004 and (EU) No 10/2011.
- Temperature Range : -20 – 80 $^\circ$C (-4$^\circ$F – 176$^\circ$F)
- Color : Clear
- Volume Resistance Value : 1010 to 1011 (Data from Material Manufacturer)
- One Roll Length: 20m
Made-to-Order Size Example
*If you are interested in the custom-made size of E-SJAST, please fill out the following form. (Please note that we can also produce a size that is not listed on the table above. Please check with us for the MOQ.)
Made-to-Order Inquiry Form
For more information on our Product Standard of E-SJAST, please click "Product Leaflet Download" above.
For more technical information (such as Thickness of Each Layer and Precautions in Use) on E-SJAST, please click "Product Specification Download" above.
- We do not have our original fittings for E-SJAST-8$\times$10.
- In case you have to use your fittings other than our original fittings, due to the laminated structure tubing, please use the joints to seal an inner surface of the tubing. Please do not use the joints to seal an outer surface of the tubing. This may result in the bursting or coming off from the tubing.
- When you use our products, please refer to “Precautions for Use.”
- In terms of chemical resistance, please refer to “Chemical Resistance Data.”
- Although the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine, please make sure whether or not E-SJAST is usable for high purity fluids before you use.
- Although the inner layer is resistant to fluids, depending on working environments, the fluids would be permeated through the inner layer, resulting in the danger of swelling and degradation of the middle or outer layer.
- Please do not use this product in food applications.
- E-SJAST does not have the function to neutralize charged fluids. Please take separate measures for charged fluids. We are not responsible for any human or physical damage that might occur before or after both ends of E-SJAST.
- E-SJAST does not necessarily guarantee the prevention of disaster. Any safety control (such as flow velocity limitation for flammable, explosive, and low-conductivity substances, and lowering of spray concentration) should be managed by the user.
- The anti-static material bleeds onto the surface of the tubing, providing an anti-static effect. Washing the surface by water or wiping off the surface might decrease the anti-static effect. In addition, the anti-static material in the tubing decreases over time.
(A) Flexibility Comparative Data
Results: “Amount of Deflection” is one indication of flexibility. Flexibility varies depending on hose (tubing). The larger the amount of deflection is, the more flexible the hose (tubing) is. Thus, E-SJAST is much more flexible than PTFE and PFA tubing.
(B) Flexibility Difference Image (PTFE Tubing vs. E-SJ)
(C) Non-Adhesiveness Comparison Data
Critical Surface Tension: The surface tension of the assumed fluid which has the contact angle of zero against solid.
Results: Since the lower value of “Critical Surface Tension” and higher value of “Contact Angle for Water” show higher non-adhesivenss, ETFE fluorine material shows the highest non-adhesiveness.
(D) Anti-Static Performance Test
Results: As you see the image above, E-SJAST has a smaller number of beads adhering to the surface. This means that E-SJAST has better anti-static performance than E-SJ.
(E) Test on Surface Electrical Resistance Value
Test Methods: Applied Voltage: 500V for 1 minutes, Test Temperature: 20$^\circ$C, Sample Length: 100mm
HAKKO Original Fittings for E-SJAST
|Product Name||Materials, Characteristics
|Fittings for Multi-Layer Tubing [Model Number: E-FTS-F]]||
- Material: SUS316L (Body) and SUS304 (Nut)
- It is designed by HAKKO tubing products, so you do not have to worry about fluid leakages and coming off.
- Specify temperature range and working pressure for each product.
- It is excellent in corrosion resistance (Body: made of 316L Steel Use).
- Since it is made of stainless steel (Passivation Treatment), you can transfer a wide variety of fluids.