Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing Anti-Static Type [Model Number: SJAST]
Multi-Purpose / Anti-Static Chemical Resistance Tube | Single-layer teflon tubing is hard (stiff) and easy to break. Our Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing Anti-Static Type is an alternative tubing for a teflon tubing.
- For Measurements against clogging in transferring Powder
- For Eliminating the Static Electricity of Chromatography, Biochemical Analyzers and Precision Instruments
- For Transferring Paints, Solvents and Adhesives
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Laboratory Equipment
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Semiconductor-Related Devices and Flat Panel Display (FPD) Manufacturing Devices
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Medical Equipment, Endoscope and so on
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Manufacturing Fuel Cell and Pure Water
- For Filling Line of Paints and Adhesives
- For Filling Line of Fragrance, Colorant and Additive
- For Air Supplying Pipes at Clean Room
- Anti-Static…Since Anti-Static material is added to the outer layer of SJAST, SJAST eliminates the static electricity that badly affects the results from chromatography, biochemical analyzers and precision instruments. However, please note that volume resistance value is 1010 to 1012, which is the material data, not tubing data.
- Chemical Resistance…Since the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine resin, SJAST is resistant to most of the chemical substances. For more information, please refer to chemical resistance data.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer fluorine tubing, SJAST is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency.
- Hard to Break…Unlike a single-layer fluorine tubing, SJAST is less likely to break. (Even if it breaks, you can restore its shape to some extent.)
- Higher Non-Adhesiveness…Since ETFE fluorine resin is superior in terms of water-proof, you can wash out the fluids very easily.
- Abrasion Resistance…Fluorine resin (inner layer) shows high levels of abrasion resistance. Thus, you can even transfer chemical slurry.
- Plasticizer-Free…SJAST does not contain plasticizer (an elution material) at all. SJAST is an oil-free tubing.
- Non-PVC…SJAST is made of non-PVC materials.
- Low Elution and Low Odor…Since SJAST contains very low levels of elution and odor, it is highly recommended for use in transfers of cosmetics.
- High Purity…Fluorine resin does not contain any additives such as plasticizer, so SJAST is suitable for transferring high purity chemical fluids.
- Transparency…SJAST enables you to check the fluid very easily.
- RoHS2…SJAST is compliant with RoHS2 requirements (Directive: (EU) 2015/863). (RoHS 2 Compliant means that SJAST does not contain RoHS 2 10 restricted substances or it does not exceed the upper threshold of RoHS 2 10 restricted substances.) Certificate is available on request.
|I.D. $\times$ O.D.||Working|
|SJAST-2$\times$3||2$\times$3||0 - 0.4||0 - 4||20|
|SJAST-4$\times$6||4$\times$6||0 - 0.6||0 - 6||25|
|SJAST-6$\times$8||6$\times$8||0 - 0.4||0 - 4||50|
- Temperature Range : -20 – 80 $^\circ$C (-4$^\circ$F – 176$^\circ$F)
- Color : Clear
- Volume Resistance Value : 1010 to 1012 (Data from Material Manufacturer)
- One Roll Length: 20m
*If you are interested in the non-standard size of SJAST, please fill out the following form. (Please note that we can also produce a size that is not listed on the table above. Please check with us for the MOQ.)
(A) Flexibility Comparative Data
Minimum Bend Radius (mm)
Amount of Deflection (mm)
Kink Resistance (mm)
|SJAST-4$\times$6||23 (Catalog Value: 25)||31||11|
|PTFE Tubing (4$\times$6)||20||7||11|
|PFA Tubing (4$\times$6)||23||6||11|
Results: “Amount of Deflection” is one indication of flexibility. Flexibility varies depending on hose (tubing). The larger the amount of deflection is, the more flexible the hose (tubing) is. Thus, SJAST is much more flexible than PTFE and PFA tubing.
(B) Flexibility Difference Image (PTFE Tubing vs. E-SJ)
(C) Non-Adhesiveness Comparison Data
Critical Surface Tension (dyne/cm)
Contact Angle for Water ($\theta$)
|High Density Polyethylene||31||73|
|Hard Vinyl Chloride||39||68|
Critical Surface Tension: The surface tension of the assumed fluid which has the contact angle of zero against solid.
Results: Since the lower value of “Critical Surface Tension” and higher value of “Contact Angle for Water” show higher non-adhesivenss, ETFE fluorine material shows the highest non-adhesiveness.
HAKKO Original Fittings for SJAST
|Product Name||Materials, Characteristics|
|Fittings for Multi-Layer Tubing [Model Number: E-FTS-F]]||
|PEEK (Carbon Reinforced) Nut Type Fittings [Model Number: AL]]||
or problems with resin hoses and fittings! We accept e-mail 24 hours a day.