Flexible Fluorine (PVDF) Resin Tubing Clear [Model Number: E-PD]
Multi-Purpose / Chemical Resistance Tube | Single-layer teflon tubing is hard and easy to break. Our Flexible Fluorine (PVDF) Resin Tubing is an alternative tubing for a teflon tubing.
Food Grade Certificate Request
chemicals ink food drink alcohol oil water powder
- For Industrial Water-based Ink-Jet Printers (For Ink-Supplying Pipes)
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Laboratory Equipment
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Semiconductor-Related Devices and Flat-Panel Display (FPD) Manufacturing Devices
- For Transferring Beverage and Food
- For Transferring Alcohol, Cosmetics and Chemicals
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Medical Equipment, Endoscope and so on
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Manufacturing Fuel Cell and Pure Water
- For Transferring Air at Clean Room
- Chemical Resistance…Since the inner layer is made of PVDF fluorine resin, E-PD is resistant to most of the chemical substances. (Please note that E-PD does not stand proof against organic solvents such as Amine and Ketones, so we recommend you to use E-SJ.) For more information, please refer to chemical resistance data.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-PD is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency.
- Gas Barrier…The inner layer of PVDF fluorine has a higher level of gas barrier property, which is suitable for the fluid with high volatility.
- Hard to Break…Unlike a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-PD is hard to break. (Even if it breaks, you can restore its shape to some extent.)
- Non-Adhesiveness…Since fluorine resin is superior in water-proof and non-adhesiveness, you can wash out the fluids very easily.
- Plasticizer-Free…E-PD does not contain plasticizer (an elution material) at all. E-PD is an oil-free tubing.
- Non-PVC…E-PD is made of a non-PVC material.
- Low Elution and Low Odor…Since E-PD contains very low levels of elution and odor, it is highly recommended for use in transfers of food, beverage and cosmetics.
- High Purity…Fluorine resin does not contain any additives such as plasticizer, so E-PD is suitable for transferring high purity chemical fluids.
- Easy to Cut…Since we print the cut mark on the hose every meter, it is easy to cut the length you would like to.
- Transparency…E-PD enables you to check the fluid very easily.
- Original Fittings…By using our original fittings, you can avoid accidents which are caused by incorrect choices of hose and fittings. For more information on our original fittings, please scroll down to the end.
■ Certificates and Regulations
- RoHS2…E-PD is compliant with RoHS2 requirements (directive 2011/65/EU:RoHS2). (RoHS 2 Compliant products mean that they do not contain or below the threshold of 10 substances.) Certificate is available on request.
- EU REACH and UK REACH…E-PD is compliant with REACH SVHC 23rd list (209 substances). Certificate is available on request.
- UL94HB Equivalent…According to the third-party institution test, E-PD is confirmed as equivalent to UL94HB (Flame Retardancy Test UL94HB Horizontal Combustion Test). Certificate is available on this webpage.
- Food Sanitation…E-PD conforms to the Food Sanitation Law No.370 (No.370 of the Ministry of Health and Welfare for Food Sanitation). (Conformity to N-Heptane). [Regarding the conformity of “Partial Revision of the Food Sanitation Law” (Effective on June 1, 2020) and Positive List System (PL), please download here.]
■ Packing Images
- Temperature Range : -20 – 80 $^\circ$C (-4$^\circ$F – 176$^\circ$F)
- Color : Clear
For more information on our Product Standard of E-PD, please click "Product Leaflet Download" above.
For more technical information (such as Thickness of Each Layer and Precautions in Use) on E-PD, please click "Product Specification Download" above.
- In case you have to use your fittings other than our original fittings, due to the laminated structure tubing, please use the joints to seal an inner surface of the tubing.
- Please do not use the joints to seal an outer surface of the tubing. This may result in the bursting or coming off from the tubing.
- When you use our products, please refer to “Precautions for Use.”
- In terms of chemical resistance, please refer to “Chemical Resistance Data.”
- Although the inner layer is made of PVDF fluorine, please make sure whether or not E-PD is usable for high purity fluids before you use.
- Although the inner layer is resistant to fluids, depending on working environments, the fluids would be permeated through the inner layer, resulting in the danger of swelling and degradation of the middle or outer layer.
(A) Relationship Graph between Working Temperature and Maximum Working Pressure
(B) Flexibility Comparative Data
Results: “Amount of Deflection” is one indication of flexibility. Flexibility varies depending on hose (tubing). The larger the amount of deflection is, the more flexible the hose (tubing) is. The lower the minimum bend radius value is, the harder the hose (tubing) is. Thus, E-PD is much more flexible than PTFE and PFA tubing.
(C) Non-Adhesiveness Comparison Data
Results: Non-adhesiveness and smoothness, which are peculiar to fluorine resin, make it easier to wash out the fluid. You can check the data about critical surface tension and contact angle against water.
Critical Surface: The surface tension of the assumed fluid which has the contact angle of zero against solid.
(D) Comparative Data on Gas Barrier Property
HAKKO Original Fittings for E-PD
|Product Name||Materials, Characteristics
|Fittings for Multi-Layer Tubing [Model Number: E-FTS-F]]||
- Material: SUS316L (Body) and SUS304 (Nut)
- It is designed by HAKKO tubing products, so you do not have to worry about fluid leakages and coming off.
- Specify temperature range and working pressure for each product.
- It is excellent in corrosion resistance (Body: made of 316L Steel Use).
- Since it is made of stainless steel (Passivation Treatment), you can transfer a wide variety of fluids.