Flexible Fluorine (PVDF) Resin Tubing Clear [Model Number: E-PD]
Multi-Purpose / Chemical Resistance Tube | Single-layer teflon tubing is hard and easy to break. Our Flexible Fluorine (PVDF) Resin Tubing is an alternative tubing for a teflon tubing.
Food Grade Certificate Request
chemicals ink food drink alcohol oil water powder
- For Industrial Water-based Ink-Jet Printers (For Ink-Supplying Pipes)
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Laboratory Equipment
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Semiconductor-Related Devices and Flat-Panel Display (FPD) Manufacturing Devices
- For Transferring Beverage and Food
- For Transferring Alcohol, Cosmetics and Chemicals
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Medical Equipment, Endoscope and so on
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Manufacturing Fuel Cell and Pure Water
- For Transferring Air at Clean Room
- Chemical Resistance…Since the inner layer is made of PVDF fluorine resin, E-PD is resistant to most of the chemical substances. (Please note that E-PD does not stand proof against organic solvents such as Amine and Ketones, so we recommend you to use E-SJ.) For more information, please refer to chemical resistance data.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-PD is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency.
- Gas Barrier…The inner layer of PVDF fluorine has a higher level of gas barrier property, which is suitable for the fluid with high volatility.
- Hard to Break…Unlike a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-PD is hard to break. (Even if it breaks, you can restore its shape to some extent.)
- Non-Adhesiveness…Since fluorine resin is superior in water-proof and non-adhesiveness, you can wash out the fluids very easily.
- Plasticizer-Free…E-PD does not contain plasticizer (an elution material) at all. E-PD is an oil-free tubing.
- Non-PVC…E-PD is made of a non-PVC material.
- Low Elution and Low Odor…Since E-PD contains very low levels of elution and odor, it is highly recommended for use in transfers of food, beverage, and cosmetics.
- High Purity…Fluorine resin does not contain any additives such as plasticizer, so E-PD is suitable for transferring high purity chemical fluids.
- Easy to Cut…Since we print the cut mark on the hose every meter, it is easy to cut the length you would like to.
- Transparency…E-PD enables you to check the fluid very easily.
- RoHS2…E-PD is free from RoHS2 restrictive substances. Certificate is available on request.
- Original Fittings…By using our original fittings, you can avoid accidents which are caused by incorrect choices of hose and fittings.
- Food Sanitation…E-PD conforms to the Food Sanitation Law No.370 (No.370 of the Ministry of Health and Welfare for Food Sanitation). (Conformity to N-Heptane). [For more information on compliance with the revised Food Sanitation Law (Effective on June 1, 2020), please contact us from here.]
■ Packing Images
Made-to-Order Size Example
- Temperature Range : -20 – 80 $^\circ$C (-4$^\circ$F – 176$^\circ$F)
- Color : Clear
*If you are interested in Made-to-Order size or request a different color of E-PD such as black or clear blue, please fill out the following form. (Please note that we can also produce a special size that is not listed on the table above.)
Made-to-Order Inquiry Form
For more information on our Product Standard of E-PD, please click "Product Leaflet Download" above.
For more technical information (such as Thickness of Each Layer and Precautions in Use) on E-PD, please click "Product Specification Download" above.
- Due to the laminated structure tubing, please use the joints to seal an inner surface of the hose.
- Please do not use the joints to seal an outer surface of the hose. This may result in the bursting or coming off from the hose.
- When you use our products, please refer to “Precautions for Use.”
- In terms of chemical resistance, please refer to “Chemical Resistance Data.”
- Although the inner layer is made of PVDF fluorine, please make sure whether or not E-PD is usable for high purity fluids before you use.
- Although the inner layer is resistant to fluids, depending on working environments, the fluids would be permeated through the inner layer, resulting in the danger of swelling and degradation of the middle or outer layer.
(A) Relationship Graph between Working Temperature and Maximum Working Pressure
(B) Flexibility Comparative Data
Results: “Amount of Deflection” is one indication of flexibility. Flexibility varies depending on hose (tubing). The larger the amount of deflection is, the more flexible the hose (tubing) is. The lower the minimum bend radius value is, the harder the hose (tubing) is. Thus, E-PD is much more flexible than PTFE and PFA tubing.
(C) Non-Adhesiveness Comparison Data
Results: Non-adhesiveness and smoothness, which are peculiar to fluorine resin, make it easier to wash out the fluid. You can check the data about critical surface tension and contact angle against water.
Critical Surface: The surface tension of the assumed fluid which has the contact angle of zero against solid.
(D) Comparative Data on Gas Barrier Property
HAKKO Original Fittings for E-PD
|Product Name||Materials, Characteristics
|Fittings for Multi-Layer Tubing [Model Number: E-FTS-F]]||
- Material: SUS316L (Body) and SUS304 (Nut)
- It is designed by HAKKO tubing products, so you do not have to worry about fluid leakages and coming off.
- Specify temperature range and working pressure for each product.
- It is excellent in corrosion resistance (Body: made of 316L Steel Use).
- Since it is made of stainless steel (Passivation Treatment), you can transfer a wide variety of fluids.