Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing Black [Model Number: E-SJ-BK]
Multi-Purpose | Chemical Resistance Tube | For customers who transfer UV inks, UV-based paints which become harden inside the tube or who have trouble in changing ink viscosity.
* If you are interested in inch Type of E-SJ-BK, please click below.
E-SJ-BK Inch Type
chemicals flux UVpaint UVink
- For Industrial Ink-Jet Printers (For UV Ink Supplying Pipes)
- For Transferring UV-based Paints and Solvents of the Painting Equipment
- For Transferring UV-curable Inks
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Laboratory Equipment
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Semiconductor-Related Devices and Flat-Panel Display (FPD) Manufacturing Devices
- For Pipe for Printing Head
- For Filling Line of UV Paints and UV-based Adhesives
- UV Cut…By shielding ultraviolet, E-SJ-BK is suitable for transferring UV-based paints, adhesives and inks.
- Chemical Resistance…Since the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine resin, E-SJ-BK is resistant to most of the chemical substances. For more information, please refer to chemical resistance data.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJ-BK is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency.
- Hard to Break…Unlike a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJ-BK is hard to break. (Even if it breaks, you can restore its shape to some extent.)
- Non-Adhesiveness…Since fluorine resin is superior in water-proof and non-adhesiveness, you can wash out the fluids very easily.
- Plasticizer-Free…E-SJ-BK does not contain plasticizer (an elution material) at all. E-SJ-BK is an oil-free tubing.
- Non-PVC…E-SJ-BK is made of a non-PVC material.
- High Purity…Fluorine resin does not contain any additives such as plasticizer, so E-SJ-BK is suitable for transferring high purity chemical fluids.
- Easy to Cut…Since we print the cut mark on the hose every meter, it is easy to cut the length you would like to.
- Original Fittings…By using our original fittings, you can avoid accidents which are caused by incorrect choices of hose and fittings. For more information on our original fittings, please scroll down to the end.
■ Certificates and Regulations
- RoHS2…E-SJ-BK is compliant with RoHS2 requirements (directive 2011/65/EU:RoHS2). (RoHS 2 Compliant products mean that they do not contain or below the threshold of 10 substances.) Certificate is available on request.
- EU REACH and UK REACH…E-SJ-BK is compliant with REACH SVHC 25th list (219 substances). Certificate is available on request.
- Non-Use of UV-328…E-SJ-BK does not contain UV-328. Certificate is available on request.
- UL94HB Equivalent…According to the third-party institution test, E-SJ-BK is confirmed as equivalent to UL94HB (Flame Retardancy Test UL94HB Horizontal Combustion Test). Certificate is available on this webpage.
■ Packing Images
Made-to-Order Size Example
- Temperature Range : -20 – 80 $^\circ$C (-4$^\circ$F – 176$^\circ$F)
- Color : Black
*If you are interested in Made-to-Order size, please fill out the following form. (We can also produce a special size that is not listed on the table above. Please note that MOQ applies for made-to-order size.)
Made-to-Order Inquiry Form
For more information on our Product Standard of E-SJ-BK-mm, please click "Product Leaflet Download" above.
For more technical information (such as Thickness of Each Layer and Precautions in Use) on E-SJ-BK-mm, please click "Product Specification Download" above.
- In case you have to use your fittings other than our original fittings, due to the laminated structure tubing, please use the joints to seal an inner surface of the tubing.
- Please do not use the joints to seal an outer surface of the tubing. This may result in the bursting or coming off from the tubing.
- When you use our products, please refer to “Precautions for Use.” (“The Precautions for Use” is also available at the product specifications of E-SJ-BK, which can be downloadable from here.)
- In terms of chemical resistance, please refer to “Chemical Resistance Data.”
- Although the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine, please make sure whether or not E-SJ-BK is usable for high purity fluids before you use.
- Although the inner layer is resistant to fluids, depending on working environments, the fluids would be permeated through the inner layer, resulting in the danger of swelling and degradation of the middle or outer layer.
Frequently Asked Question
Question: E-SJ-BK is a multi-layer tubing. Is it easier to peel off the layer?
Answer: No. Even though E-SJ-BK consists of multi-layers, the inner layer and the outer layer are greatly adhered each other. Thus, you do not have to worry about delamination.
Question: E-SJ-BK is harder than I expected. I need a softer product.
Answer: If you have already known a teflon tube, you must have realized that E-SJ-BK is much softer than a teflon tube. Due to a multi-layer structure, E-SJ-BK is much more flexible than a teflon tube. However, if you still need a softer tubing than E-SJ-BK, we also have E-SJUS-BK: Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing Black (Ultra Soft Type).
(A) Relationship Graph between Working Temperature and Maximum Working Pressure
(B) UV Screening Data
Test Sample: E-SJ-4×6-BK
UV Penetration Range: 240nm to 800nm
Test Machine: Spectrophotometer U-4100 (Hitachi, Ltd)
Result: Ultraviolet Screening 99%
(C) Flexibility Comparative Data
Results: “Amount of Deflection” is one indication of flexibility. Flexibility varies depending on hose (tubing). The larger the amount of deflection is, the more flexible the hose (tubing) is. The lower the minimum bend radius value is, the harder the hose (tubing) is. Thus, E-SJ and E-PD are much flexible than PTFE and PFA tubing.
(D) Non-Adhesiveness Comparison Data
Results: Non-adhesiveness and smoothness, which are peculiar to fluorine resin, make it easier to wash out the fluid. You can check the data about critical surface tension and contact angle against water.
Critical Surface: The surface tension of the assumed fluid which has the contact angle of zero against solid.
HAKKO Original Fittings for E-SJ-BK-mm
|Product Name||Materials, Characteristics
|Fittings for Multi-Layer Tubing [Model Number: E-FTS-F]]||
- Material: SUS316L (Body) and SUS304 (Nut)
- It is designed by HAKKO tubing products, so you do not have to worry about fluid leakages and coming off.
- Specify temperature range and working pressure for each product.
- It is excellent in corrosion resistance (Body: made of 316L Steel Use).
- Since it is made of stainless steel (Passivation Treatment), you can transfer a wide variety of fluids.
|PEEK (Carbon Reinforced) Nut Type Fittings [Model Number: AL]]||
- Material: PEEK
- Lightweight…Fitting weight is less than one-fifth, compared to same-size SUS joints, leading to overall weight reduction of equipment.
- Great Heat Resistance…PEEK material has excellent heat resistance among resins.
- Chemical Resistance…PEEK material has excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals including acids, alkalis and organic solvents.
- Mechanical Strength…Carbon fiber is added to the engineering plastic of PEEK, which is strong in tensile and impact resistance.