Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing (Eco-Friendly Type) [Model Number: E-SJECO]
Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing (Eco-Friendly Type) [E-SJECO] is a multi-layer fluorine tubing that uses plant-derived raw polyurethane materials (biomass-based polyurethane materials), which reduces petroleum resource-derived plastics by 25%, compared to our standard product of Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing [E-SJ].
As a manufacturer of plastic tubing and hoses, HAKKO continues to develop environmental-friendly products to contribute to a sustainable world.
Single-layer teflon tubing is hard (stiff) and easy to break. Our Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing (Eco-Friendly Type) is a sustainable tubing that is alternative for a teflon tubing.
Food Grade Certificate Request
chemicals ink paint flux food drink alcohol oil water powder air
- For Industrial Ink-Jet Printers (For Ink-Supplying Pipes)
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Laboratory/Medical Equipment
- For Transferring Inks and Solvents
- For Transferring Beverage and Food
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Semiconductor-Related Devices and Flat Panel Display (FPD) Manufacturing Devices
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Manufacturing Fuel Cell and Pure Water
- For Printing Head, Wide-Format Ink-Jet Printers, Textile Printers, Ceramic Tile Printers, 3D Printers
- For Filling Line of Paints and Adhesives
Liquor and Alcohol
- Environment-Friendly Materials…E-SJECO uses plant-derived raw materials (biomass materials) that reduce petroleum resource-derived plastics by 25%. We can issue the certificate upon request.
- Chemical Resistance…Since the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine resin, E-SJECO is resistant to most of the chemical substances.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJECO is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency.
- Hard to Break…Unlike a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJECO is less likely to break. (Even if it breaks, you can restore its shape to some extent.)
- Higher Non-Adhesiveness…Since ETFE fluorine resin is superior in terms of water-proof, you can wash out the fluids very easily.
- Abrasion Resistance…Fluorine resin (inner layer) shows high levels of abrasion resistance. Thus, you can even transfer chemical slurry.
- Plasticizer-Free…E-SJECO does not contain plasticizer (an elution material) at all. E-SJECO is an oil-free tubing.
- Low Elution and Low Odor…Since E-SJECO contains very low levels of elution and odor, it is highly recommended for use in transfers of cosmetics.
- High Purity…Fluorine resin does not contain any additives such as plasticizer, so E-SJECO is suitable for transferring high purity chemical fluids.
- Transparency…E-SJECO enables you to check the fluid very easily.
- Original Fittings…By using our original fittings, you can avoid accidents which are caused by incorrect choices of hose and fittings. For more information on our original fittings, please scroll down to the end.
Certificates and Regulations
- RoHS2…E-SJECO is compliant with RoHS2 requirements (Directive: (EU) 2015/863). (RoHS 2 Compliant means that E-SJECO does not contain RoHS 2 10 restricted substances or it does not exceed the upper threshold of RoHS 2 10 restricted substances.) Certificate is available on request.
- EU REACH and UK REACH…E-SJECO is compliant with REACH SVHC 25th list (219 substances). Certificate is available on request.
- Non-Use of UV-328…E-SJECO does not contain UV-328. Certificate is available on request.
- TSCA (Toxic Substance Control Act) Compliance…E-SJECO does not use decaBDE, PIP(3:1), 2,4,6-TTBT, PCTP and HCBD. Certificate is available on request.
- PFOA and POFS…E-SJECO does not contain perfluorocarboxylic acids (PFCAs C 9 – C 14), their salts or PFCA-related substances. Certificate is available on request.
Made-to-Order Size Example
- Temperature Range : -20 – 80 $^\circ$C (-4$^\circ$F – 176$^\circ$F)
- Color : Clear
*If you are interested in the made-to-order size, please fill out the following form.
Made-to-Order Inquiry Form
For more information on our Product Standard of E-SJECO, please click "Product Leaflet Download" above.
For more technical information (such as Thickness of Each Layer and Precautions in Use) on E-SJECO, please click "Product Specification Download" above.
- In case you have to use your fittings other than our original fittings, please do not use the joints to seal an outer surface of the tubing. This may result in the bursting or coming off from the tubing.
- When you use our products, please refer to “Precautions for Use
- In terms of chemical resistance, please refer to “Chemical Resistance Data.”
- Although the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine, please make sure whether or not E-SJECO is usable for high purity fluids before you use.
- Although the inner layer is resistant to fluids, depending on working environments, the fluids would be permeated through the inner layer, resulting in the danger of swelling and degradation of the middle or outer layer.
(A) Relationship Graph between Working Temperature and Maximum Working Pressure
(B) Minimum Bend Radius, Amount of Deflection and Kink Resistance Data
Results: “Amount of Deflection” is one indication of flexibility. Flexibility varies depending on hose (tubing). The larger the amount of deflection is, the more flexible the hose (tubing) is. Thus, E-SJECO is much more flexible than PTFE and PFA tubing.
(C) Flexibility Difference Image (PTFE Tubing vs. E-SJ)
(D) Non-Adhesiveness Comparison Data
Critical Surface Tension: The surface tension of the assumed fluid which has the contact angle of zero against solid.
Results: Since the lower value of “Critical Surface Tension” and higher value of “Contact Angle for Water” show higher non-adhesivenss, ETFE fluorine material shows the highest non-adhesiveness.
(E) Washability Data
Results: In comparison with a Nylon hose, Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Hose is excellent in non-adhesiveness of the inner layer, so you can reduce washing time and save cleaning solutions and labor costs.
(F) Transparency Comparison Image: E-SJ vs. PTFE Tubing
We pour the same yellow paint through both tubings and then seal both ends.
As you can see, compared with a PTFE tubing, HAKKO E-SJ is easier to see through.
(G) Leach Test Data
*Test Method: JIS S 3200-7: 2004 [Equipment for Water Supply Service]
HAKKO Original Fittings for E-SJECO
|Product Name||Materials, Characteristics
|Fittings for Multi-Layer Tubing [Model Number: E-FTS-F]]||
- Material: SUS316L (Body) and SUS304 (Nut)
- It is designed by HAKKO tubing products, so you do not have to worry about fluid leakages and coming off.
- Specify temperature range and working pressure for each product.
- It is excellent in corrosion resistance (Body: made of 316L Steel Use).
- Since it is made of stainless steel (Passivation Treatment), you can transfer a wide variety of fluids.
|PEEK (Carbon Reinforced) Nut Type Fittings [Model Number: AL]]||
- Material: PEEK
- Lightweight…Fitting weight is less than one-fifth, compared to same-size SUS joints, leading to overall weight reduction of equipment.
- Great Heat Resistance…PEEK material has excellent heat resistance among resins.
- Chemical Resistance…PEEK material has excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals including acids, alkalis and organic solvents.
- Mechanical Strength…Carbon fiber is added to the engineering plastic of PEEK, which is strong in tensile and impact resistance.