Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing Clear [Model Number: E-SJ]
Multi-Purpose / Chemical Resistance Tube | Single-layer teflon tubing is hard (stiff) and easy to break. Our Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing is an alternative tubing for a teflon tubing.
*If you are interested in inch Type of E-SJ, please click below.
E-SJ Inch Type
Food Grade Certificate Request
chemicals ink paint flux food drink alcohol oil water powder
- For Industrial Ink-Jet Printers (For Ink-Supplying Pipes)
- For Transferring Solvent-Based Inks
- For Transferring Paints, Solvents and Adhesives
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Laboratory Equipment
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Semiconductor-Related Devices and Flat Panel Display (FPD) Manufacturing Devices
- For Transferring Beverage and Food
- For Transferring Fatty Acid Ester such as Biofuel (BDF)
- For Transferring Chemical and Industrial Wastes
- For Transferring Alcohol, Cosmetics and Chemicals
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Medical Equipment, Endoscope and so on
- For Transferring Chemicals used in Manufacturing Fuel Cell and Pure Water
- For Printing Head, Wide-Format Ink-Jet Printers, Textile Printers, Ceramic Tile Printers, 3D Printers
- For Filling Line of Paints and Adhesives
- For Filling Line of Fragrance, Colorant and Additive
- For Air Supplying Pipes at Clean Room
- Chemical Resistance…Since the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine resin, E-SJ is resistant to most of the chemical substances. For more information, please refer to chemical resistance data.
- Flexibility…Due to the laminated structure, compared with a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJ is superior in flexibility. This improves your work efficiency. Please check the video clip to see the difference in flexibility between E-SJ and a teflon tubing.
- Hard to Break…Unlike a single-layer fluorine tubing, E-SJ is less likely to break. (Even if it breaks, you can restore its shape to some extent.)
- Non-Adhesiveness…Since fluorine resin is superior in water-proof and non-adhesiveness, you can wash out the fluids very easily.
- Abrasion Resistance…Fluorine resin (inner layer) shows high levels of abrasion resistance. Thus, you can even transfer chemical slurry.
- Plasticizer-Free…E-SJ does not contain plasticizer (an elution material) at all. E-SJ is an oil-free tubing.
- Non-PVC…E-SJ is made of non-PVC materials.
- Low Elution and Low Odor…Since E-SJ contains very low levels of elution and odor, it is highly recommended for use in transfers of food, beverage, and cosmetics.
- High Purity…Fluorine resin does not contain any additives such as plasticizer, so E-SJ is suitable for transferring high purity chemical fluids.
- Easy to Cut…Since we print the cut mark on the hose every meter, it is easy to cut the length you would like to.
- Transparency…E-SJ enables you to check the fluid very easily.
- Original Fittings…By using our original fittings, you can avoid accidents which are caused by incorrect choices of hose and fittings.
■ Certificates and Regulations
- RoHS2…E-SJ is compliant with RoHS2 requirements (directive 2011/65/EU:RoHS2). (RoHS 2 Compliant products mean that they do not contain or below the threshold of 10 substances.) Certificate is available on request.
- EU REACH and UK REACH…E-SJ is compliant with REACH SVHC 23rd list (209 substances). Certificate is available on request.
- UL94HB Equivalent…According to the third-party institution test, E-SJ is confirmed as equivalent to UL94HB (Flame Retardancy Test UL94HB Horizontal Combustion Test). Certificate is available on this webpage.
- Food Sanitation…E-SJ conforms to the Food Sanitation Law No.370 (No.370 of the Ministry of Health and Welfare for Food Sanitation). (Conformity to N-Heptane). [Regarding the conformity of “Partial Revision of the Food Sanitation Law” (Effective on June 1, 2020) and Positive List System (PL), please download here.]
■ Packing Images
Made-to-Order Size Example
- Temperature Range : -20 – 80 $^\circ$C (-4$^\circ$F – 176$^\circ$F)
- Color : Clear
*If you are interested in Made-to-Order size, please fill out the following form. (Please note that we can also produce a special size that is not listed on the table above.)
Made-to-Order Inquiry Form
For more information on our Product Standard of E-SJ-mm, please click "Product Leaflet Download" above.
For more technical information (such as Thickness of Each Layer and Precautions in Use) on E-SJ-mm, please click "Product Specification Download" above.
- Please do not use the joints to seal an outer surface of the hose. This may result in the bursting or coming off from the hose.
- When you use our products, please refer to “Precautions for Use.”
- In terms of chemical resistance, please refer to “Chemical Resistance Data.”
- Although the inner layer is made of ETFE fluorine, please make sure whether or not E-SJ is usable for high purity fluids before you use.
- Although the inner layer is resistant to fluids, depending on working environments, the fluids would be permeated through the inner layer, resulting in the danger of swelling and degradation of the middle or outer layer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: E-SJ is harder than I expected. I need a softer product.
Answer: If you have already known a teflon tube, you must have realized that E-SJ is much softer than a teflon tube. Due to a multi-layer structure, E-SJ is much more flexible than a teflon tube.However, for I.D. 6mm and 8mm, we have much softer version than E-SJ. The product name is “Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Tubing (PVC Type)” and its model number is E-SJV. If you are interested in E-SJV, please visit its product website.
Question: What is the difference between E-SJ and E-SJ-CBU?
Answer: The only difference is the outer color of polyurethane. E-SJ-CBU is recently developed responding to customers’ needs. By using both E-SJ and E-SJ-CBU, customers can differentiate the manufacturing lines.
Question: E-SJ is a multi-layer tubing. Is it easier to peel off the layer?
Answer: No. Even though E-SJ consists of multi-layers, the inner layer and the outer layer are strongly adhered each other. Thus, you do not have to worry about de-lamination.
(A) Relationship Graph between Working Temperature and Maximum Working Pressure
(B) Flexibility Comparative Data
Results: “Amount of Deflection” is one indication of flexibility. Flexibility varies depending on hose (tubing). The larger the amount of deflection is, the more flexible the hose (tubing) is. The lower the minimum bend radius value is, the harder the hose (tubing) is. Thus, E-SJ is much more flexible than PTFE and PFA tubing.
(C) Flexibility Difference Image (PTFE Tubing vs. E-SJ)
(D) Non-Adhesiveness Comparison Data
Results: Non-adhesiveness and smoothness, which are peculiar to fluorine resin, make it easier to wash out the fluid. You can check the data about critical surface tension and contact angle against water.
Critical Surface: The surface tension of the assumed fluid which has the contact angle of zero against solid.
(E) Washability Data
Results: In comparison with a Nylon hose, Flexible Fluorine (ETFE) Resin Hose is excellent in non-adhesiveness of the inner layer, so you can reduce washing time and save cleaning solutions and labor costs.
(F) Transparency Comparison Image: E-SJ vs. PTFE Tubing
We pour the same yellow paint through both tubings and then seal both ends.
As you can see, compared with a PTFE tubing, HAKKO E-SJ is easier to see through.
HAKKO Original Fittings for E-SJ-mm
|Product Name||Materials, Characteristics
|Fittings for Multi-Layer Tubing [Model Number: E-FTS-F]]||
- Material: SUS316L (Body) and SUS304 (Nut)
- It is designed by HAKKO tubing products, so you do not have to worry about fluid leakages and coming off.
- Specify temperature range and working pressure for each product.
- It is excellent in corrosion resistance (Body: made of 316L Steel Use).
- Since it is made of stainless steel (Passivation Treatment), you can transfer a wide variety of fluids.